Fall is the time of year when students interested in pursuing a masters degree start exploring the various options in post-graduate programs. It requires a lot of research and decision-making.
Should you choose a professional masters program or a research-based program? How long do you want to go to graduate school for? Which program will give you the skills that you need to obtain your dream job? What do you ultimately want to get out of your degree?
All of these questions are important factors to consider when researching the multitude of programs being offered by almost every university. To help you in your decision-making, here are 7 reasons to choose the Master of Digital Media program.
7 Reasons to Choose the Master of Digital Media Program
1. Personal and professional growth. The Master of Digital Media program teaches new ways of thinking about the world around you. The program takes you out of your comfort zone and challenges you to think outside of the box and to stay competitive in the digital world.
2. Work with industry, for industry. The MDM program was designed by the digital media industry to solve current and future challenges. Within the program, students work with real companies on real projects. See student projects
3. Learn to solve problems. At the core of the MDM program is problem-solving. Students learn to work together as a team and build on each others’ strengths to come up with the best creative solution.
4. Freedom to succeed through failure. The Master of Digital Media program encourages success by allowing students to make mistakes, evaluate what went wrong and they improve. “The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.” Henry Ford
5. Become a leader. Build upon the skills you’ve learned from your educational and professional background, by developing expertise in the management and leadership of creative teams. Further develop critical thinking and analytical skills to allow you to make the right decisions at the right time.
6. Learn from expert faculty. MDM faculty are experts in their fields, bringing their extensive academic and industry experiences with them into the classroom and their mentoring roles. Faculty bios
7. Live and work in Canada’s tech hub. The Master of Digital Media program is located in beautiful Vancouver, Canada. Not only is Vancouver one of the leading cities for innovative digital media companies, but it is consistently ranked as one of the most livable cities in the world.
Interested in the Master of Digital Media program? We’re now accepting applications for September 2015. Vist the admissions page.