Great Northern Way Trust Public Open House
Great Northern Way Trust is inviting the community to a Public Open House on Tuesday June 11th from 5pm to 8pm. At the event, the public has the opportunity to find out what’s happening at the Great Northern Way (GNW) campus, which is jointly owned by UBC, SFU, BCIT and Emily Carr University.
Originally set up in 2001, following a gift from Finning of an 18-acre site on the False Creek Flats, GNW is a growing art, digital media and technology community.
GNW operates the Centre for Digital Media and is the future home of a relocated Emily Carr University. It’s an emerging district for the digital and creative sectors, where art galleries, digital media companies and students all come together.
There have been many new developments at GNW over the past year, including:
- The new Centre for Digital Media building opened in September 2012.
- Two new art galleries—the Equinox Gallery and Monte Clark Gallery—are now open.
- 10 digital media companies are now on site.
- Evergreen’s Urban Orchard is open.
- The new CDM office building, with construction anticipated starting in 2014.
- The relocation of Emily Carr University of Art + Design, with construction anticipated to commence in 2014.
- Artists studios coming soon.
The Open House is a chance to meet the community and find out about the exciting developments at GNW as an emerging digital and creative sectors hub.
Please feel free to drop by anytime between 5pm and 8pm next Tuesday.
RSVP to Virginia Bird at: email@example.com