The Minerva Foundation Award for BC Women in Digital Media
We’re excited to announce a new scholarship available to Master of Digital Media students. The Minerva Foundation Award for BC Woman in Digital Media is a result of the generosity of Global Relay Communications in partnership with the Centre for Digital Media.
The award is to support eligible women who want to pursue a career in Digital Media and who are enrolled full-time in the Master of Digital Media program. The award of $1,000 will be matched by CDM, for a total of $2,000 to be awarded annually to an eligible student.
The Minerva Foundation for BC Women is a registered charitable organization with a vision of changing the face of leadership in BC. The Minerva Foundation Education Awards promote the development of women leaders through education, by assisting them with the costs of tuition. These awards target women in need who will have the most impact in their work or community, and those in fields or demographic groups who are currently underrepresented in leadership roles.
To be eligible for the award, a recipient must:
- be a female BC resident
- demonstrate financial need
- demonstrate a cumulative GPA of 3.0
- demonstrate community engagement through a short statement
- be enrolled full time in the Master of Digital Media program
- meet at least one of the following criteria:
- a single mother advancing her education
- a mature woman returning to the workforce after a long absence
- an immigrant or an Aboriginal woman overcoming educational barriers
- a woman with a disability overcoming educational barriers.
The application deadline for 2013 is June 1st. Download the Minerva Foundation Award application form [PDF].
For a full list of Master of Digital Media scholarships, visit our scholarship page.