Pre-MDM Admission Requirements
1. Applicants must have a minimum of 6.5 with no less than 6.0 in each category in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or 78 in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
2. Applicants must be completing or have completed the final year of undergraduate studies of an academic equivalent of a four-year baccalaureate degree acceptable to all four CDM Partner Institutions in a field related to digital media. For example:
- Computer science, engineering, education, management, economics, communication, art, design or performing arts, art history, architecture, linguistics, psychology or philosophy.
- Note: If applying from another related discipline, applicants must make the case for the relationship between the discipline in which they hold their previous degree and this program and how they would benefit from the MDM program.
3. Samples of work (Please see our Tips for Prospective Students for more information):
- Five interactive digital pieces that best demonstrate your skills. These items can be one or more of the following: exhibited art, designs, film or video, computer code (please include and document at least 100 lines of original code that you created), engineering designs or something else that resulted from your previous work.
- 250 - 500 words summarizing how the items in the portfolio relate to each other and to your strengths. If an item is a collaborative effort, please clearly state your role in its production.
4. Letter of intent (no more than 750 words). The letter should explicitly address:
- Your motivation for selecting this degree program.
- Your relevant skills, training and experience.
- Your proposed interests within the program.
- How the course of study would contribute to your future intellectual or professional growth.
5. Short formal essay (no more than 750 words) about a topic of interest related to digital media.
6. Computer Skills and Literacy Summary Form.
7. Three reference letters, each from a suitably qualified person.
8. Program Survey Form.
9. Resume that includes an overall summary of your professional achievements (no more than 250 words).
Minimum Academic Standards
1. Minimum Undergraduate Grades:
- Minimum overall average in the B+ range (76% or higher) in 3rd and 4th year courses, or:
- Academic standing with at least 12 credits of 3rd and 4th year courses in the A range (80% or higher) in the field of study, or:
- Applicants who hold a 4-year undergraduate degree, who do not meet the requirements stated above, but who have had significant formal training and relevant professional experience may be granted admission on the recommendation of the MDM program.
2. Applicants lacking demonstrated ability in computing may be admitted on the condition that they take one or more suitable courses but the courses cannot be counted for credit towards the MDM degree.
How to Apply
For up-to-date, detailed instructions and information please follow the Admission Process.