- be current SFU CS majors (in any CS program) having completed at least 60 total credit hours to date,
- have completed CMPT 275 or 276 with a grade of at least B,
- have an overall CGPA and upper division GPA of at least 3.0,
- have excellent teamwork skills,
- commit to a 6 credit project with a commensurate workload of about 20-25 hours per week during that term, and
- be available to work the equivalent of two days per week onsite at the Centre for Digital Media (the specific arrangements are subject to their team's mutual consent)
Useful but optional: more software design background; graphics, vision, or animation background; demonstrated success on team projects; web/mobile development experience; story or game design experience; etc.
To apply to participate in the next session, please fill out a Special Research Project Application Form. You should not attach a Project Proposal (instruction #6), but must attach a covering letter that sets out your qualifications for the course. We would like to you to tell us a little about yourself and describe the experience that you will bring to the team (which could include relevant courses, projects, work experience, or other experience).
Please email your completed application form and cover letter to: email@example.com.
Successful candidates will be invited to interview at the Centre for Digital Media.
Applicants will be advised of their status no later than 4 weeks after the deadline for applications. Selection will be based partly on fit with the students/projects available at CDM and partly on the applications and possible interviews. We will do our best to match accepted students to projects that best match their career goals (though all projects are relevant to any area in digital media), but we cannot guarantee particular topics, tools, teammates, or other details of the project.