The Master of Digital Media Venture Internship Award is an achievement award for Graduate students of the Master of Digital Media Program who are pursuing a venture internship to build a new company. Awards will be given to graduate students in the Masters of Digital Media Program who are registered in either DMED 530 or DMED 531 and intend to use the Award to help defray costs while creating a new business venture.
The number of awards granted through the MDM Venture Internship Award each year will be based on the amount of money raised each year by the Masters of Digital Media and the number of students who meet all the criteria below. Awards will be granted to a maximum of $2000 per student.
The eligibility criteria for this award are:
- Demonstrated academic excellence at the graduate level (minimum 3.50 GPA) or relevant professional and volunteer achievements that may offset this criteria. (Note that the minimum GPA for "academic excellence" of all merit-based awards administered by DGS Office is 3.50).
- Registration at Simon Fraser University in a graduate program in the Masters of Digital Media Program.
- A viable approved proposal to build a business.
Awards will be granted based on the following criteria:
- Viability of business proposal in 4 to 8 month timeline.
- Relevant academic, professional and volunteer achievements.
- Proposed use of the award.
This award may be held in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
Applications in writing should be sent to the Awards Committee, Master of Digital Media Program and must include:
- a copy of the applicant’s most recent transcript (unofficial transcript is acceptable)
- applicant’s CV, outlining academic, professional and volunteer experience
- two-page description of the proposed business, budget (travel and living costs, etc.) and any other relevant information that will aid the Committee in its decision
The completed application and all supporting documents must be received by the Program Administrator, Master of Digital Media Program by September 30th, each year.
The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies on the recommendation of the Master of Digital Media Awards Committee, on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee.