The Master of Digital Media Venture Internship Award is an achievement award for graduate students of the Master of Digital Media program who are pursuing a venture internship to build a new company. The award is intended to help defray costs while creating a new business venture.
Terms of Reference
A scholarship valued at $2,000 is available annually in the second Fall term to students who fulfill the following criteria:
- Admitted into the Master of Digital Media program and in good academic standing.
- Registered in either DMED 530 or DMED 531.
- Pursuing a venture internship.
- Has a viable, approved proposal to build a business.
Awards will be granted based on the following criteria:
- Viability of business proposal in 4 to 8 month timeline.
- Relevant academic, professional and volunteer achievements.
- Proposed use of the award.
If a suitable candidate is not identified, the award may be awarded in a subsequent term.
Applicants must submit the following documentation in order to be considered:
- A copy of the applicant’s most recent transcript (unofficial transcript is acceptable).
- Applicant’s CV, outlining academic, professional and volunteer experience.
- Two-page description (per team) of the proposed business, budget (travel and living costs, etc.) and any other relevant information that will aid the Committee in its decision.
- Only applicants admitted into the program should apply for this scholarship.