IDEA-X is a one-month intensive program for undergraduate students who want to learn about and explore career opportunities in the digital media industry. Join us at Centre for Digital Media and learn about the latest tools and processes in the industry while creating your own digital solutions using innovative technologies.
What You Will Learn
- Agile Project Management
- Team building, scope, and pipeline
- UX, UI Design Thinking, and User-Centred Design
- AR/VR - Unity3D, ARKit, and ARCore
- Rapid prototyping
- Art Production
- Team production and project management
Why choose IDEA-X?
The IDEA-X program is a unique opportunity to familiarize yourself with the digital media world in a fun and immersive way. Upon completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Practice collaborative design and team building
- Define and replicate user-centred design tools and processes
- Practice rapid prototyping to solve a given problem over a limited period
- Demonstrate understanding of scope and pipeline management by building digital media products
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your product
- Reflect on you and your peers’ practices through retrospectives
- Create and produce a pitch and a final presentation for prototypes
- Understand industry requirements, needs, as well as emerging technologies
The IDEA-X program is a rewarding and worthwhile experience for anyone who wants to explore further education and career opportunities in the games and digital entertainment industry. It was perfect for someone like me who wanted to find out whether digital media would be a fit or not
Tuition and fees
Upcoming tuition and fees will be updated soon. Students will be given instructions regarding the payment of their tuition fees upon enrolment.
Some assistance can be provided in finding accommodation, with the option to secure accommodations through the Homestay Program at a cost of approximately CAD $800 - $1000 each.
All students who have successfully completed IDEA-X will receive a $4,000 scholarship if they enroll in the Master of Digital Media (MDM) or Pre-MDM program. To learn more, please contact: email@example.com.
- Undergraduate student
- Intermediate level of English
- Interested in digital media
Preference will be given to third- and fourth-year students. All courses are taught in English without translation services.
Centre for Digital Media
Centre for Digital Media was established through the ground-breaking partnership of four leading academic institutions: The University of British Columbia (UBC), Simon Fraser University (SFU), Emily Carr University of Art + Design (ECU), and the British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT). Anchored by our flagship and multi-disciplinary Master of Digital Media (MDM) degree program, CDM extends learning opportunities through a wide range of innovative and experiential programs that bring diverse learners of all ages and backgrounds into the world of digital media.
Sign up to get the latest news, webinars, and application timelines for IDEA-X.
Vancouver is a dynamic city and international digital media hub. It has one of the top video game clusters in the world and has the world's largest VFX and animation hub.