Pre-Master of Digital Media Program
The Pre-Master of Digital Media Program (Pre-MDM) is a 2 semester program (September to December and January to April) designed to help students whose second language is English prepare for entry into the Master of Digital Media program.
Pre-MDM is comprised of a series of eight courses, ultimately designed to enhance ESL students’ communication skills in the field of Digital Media, both for professional and academic purposes. It offers a selection of practical workshops and lectures with the direct goal of building third-tier language abilities: fluency, coherence and, addressing even more practical skills, teamwork and project management.
Applications for September 2019 are now CLOSED. The next offering will run September 2020 to April 2021.
Why Enroll in Pre-MDM?
- Learn methodologies and specific software for rapid prototyping; concept development; pitching, presenting & documentation; pipeline development, integration & asset management; and interaction with industry clients.
- Better understand the application process of graduate programs in Canada. Students learn to devise an effective application strategy and complete a graduate studies application package upon completion of Pre-MDM.
- Strengthen communication skills, teamwork capabilities and critical thinking skills, and learn effective presentation techniques.
Students admitted into the Pre-MDM program receive a conditional offer to the Master of Digital Media program as qualifying students. Once all conditions have been met, students enter the MDM program the following Fall.
For additional information, please contact our Admissions Department by phone at +1 778-370-1010 / Toll-free: 1-855-737-2666, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions For Admitted Students
All students admitted to the Pre-MDM must meet two conditions to finalize their acceptance into the Master of Digital Media program:
1. Attain a minimum score of 7 on the International English Language Test System (IELTS - the academic NOT the general test) with a minimum of 6.0 in all sections, OR attain a minimum score of 100 in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), with no less than a score of 20 in each category.
2. Achieve an overall average of B or CGPA 3.0 in all Pre-MDM courses.
Tuition and Fees
$6,667 + $1047.85 student fees
Total $7,714.85 CAD
$6,667 + $341.28 student fees
Total $7,008.28 CAD
TOTAL $14,723.13 CAD
Note: Student fees are subject to change. They include an all-access transit pass, extended medical and dental insurance, as well as access to SFU's recreation facilities.