Pre-Master of Digital Media Program Overview
The Pre-Master of Digital Media (Pre-MDM) is a 2 semester program designed to help students whose second language is English prepare for entry into the Master of Digital Media program. The next offering will run September 2017 to April 2018.
Why Enroll in Pre-MDM?
- Develop English language expression and improve IELTS test results. The course includes English language training—specifically developing ability to express ideas in English—and IELTS preparation skills, as well as two IELTS tests.
- Learn methodologies and specific software for rapid prototyping; concept development; pitching, presenting & documentation; pipeline development, integration & asset management; and interaction with industry clients.
- Better understand the application process of graduate programs in Canada. Students learn to devise an effective application strategy and complete a graduate studies application package upon completion of Pre-MDM.
- Strengthen communication skills, teamwork capabilities and critical thinking skills, and learn effective presentation techniques.
Students admitted into the Pre-MDM program receive a conditional offer to the Master of Digital Media program as qualifying students. Once all conditions have been met, students enter the MDM program the following Fall.
For additional information, please contact Senior Recruitment and Admissions Officer, Yasmeen Awadh by phone at +1 778-370-1010 / Toll-free: 1-855-737-2666, or by email at email@example.com
Conditions For Admitted Students
All students admitted to the Pre-MDM must meet two conditions to finalize their acceptance into the Master of Digital Media program:
1. Attain an overall minimum of 7 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with no less than 6.0 in each category.
2. Achieve an overall average of B or CGPA 3.0 in all Pre-MDM courses.
Tuition and Fees
$6,670 + $1047.85 student fees
Total $7,717.85 CAD
$6,670 + $341.28 student fees
Total $7,011.28 CAD
TOTAL $14,729.13 CAD
Note: Student fees are subject to change. They include an all-access transit pass, extended medical and dental insurance, as well as access to SFU's recreation facilities.