Artwork by Walid Khan (MDM student)
Happy Holidays from all of us at Centre for Digital Media!
Here are some of our top news stories from 2022.
1. From Game Design to Teaching Excellence: An Educator’s Journey Through BC’s Digital-Creative Community
Master of Digital Media (MDM) alum, Jason Elliott, knew the MDM program was exactly what he was looking for when he considered going back to school as mature student. After completing the program in 2015, he decided to join the faculty.
2. From Southern Africa with Dreams: My Journey to the Master of Digital Media Program
In late 2020, I found the Master of Digital Media (MDM) program thanks to a friend. She was in the (long) process of correcting my ignorance about the range of experiential graduate-level opportunities in Canada (a tale for a different time). Suffice it to say, she handily won that argument.
3. From Southern Africa with Dreams: What I Learned at Centre for Digital Media
Joining the 16th cohort of the Master of Digital Media (MDM) program remotely in the Fall 2021 term, and in-person for Spring and Summer 2022 terms proved to be a rigorous time filled with many challenges and a merchant ship’s worth of lessons and treasures.
4. Centre for Digital Media Appoints Mary Lim as New Director of Programs and Innovation
Vancouver, B.C. – Centre for Digital Media (“CDM”) has appointed Mary Lim to the role of Director of Programs and Innovation (DPI). The creative tech ecosystem in Vancouver is innovative, inspiring, and expanding and it will need high-level talent to sustain this growth. Mary will be an enabling force behind program and curriculum development, educational delivery, industry and community-based partnerships, and applied research at CDM and within Vancouver’s Creative District.
5. Master of Digital Media Students Develop Revolutionary Installations for Vancouver Art Gallery AI Exhibition
Master of Digital Media alumni celebrated the culmination of months of hard work at the opening of “The Imitation Game: Visual Culture in the Age of Artificial Intelligence” at Vancouver Art Gallery.
6. Pre-Master of Digital Media Student Blog Celebrates One-Year Anniversary
To celebrate the one-year anniversary of the Pre-Master of Digital Media student blog, lead program instructor, Aida Osian, conducted an interview with two of the program’s current students, Fang and Nima, who act as the Pre-MDM blog administrators. They explained why this volunteer work is a great learning experience.
Best wishes for a restful holiday season and Happy New Year from all of us at Centre for Digital Media. The campus will be closed December 19 - January 2, reopening January 3. See you in 2023!