Dan Scott is an accomplished Executive Producer and Director of Development with over 30 years of experience in the game industry. He has a proven track record of successfully building and managing high-performance game development teams and studios. Throughout his career, he has designed, produced, and delivered industry-leading game products across various platforms, including PC, console, and mobile. Dan's expertise lies in fostering clear communication and effective collaboration within organizations.
Highlights of his professional experience include:
- Holding key positions at Nokia Products Ltd., including Global Head of Production, Senior Producer for North America, and Producer. In these roles, he managed the production, testing, and localization of Nokia 1st Party Online and Mobile Games, built relationships with game developers and publishers globally, and contributed to the success of numerous shipped products.
- Director of Development for Digital Legends in Barcelona (acquired by Activision)
- Visiting Professor at Simon Fraser University, teaching and mentoring students in the Masters of Digital Media program.
- Acting as a consultant, providing expertise to game development companies in areas such as production processes, development practices, game design improvements, task management workflows, and developer engagement.
- Serving as a Senior Producer at Slant Six Games, overseeing the production and development of the Galactic Reign procedural movie system for Microsoft Win8, DX11.
- Demonstrating strong leadership skills, creative thinking, and industry expertise, as well as presenting at game industry conferences and events.
- Out Of The Box
- PROJECT ACME
- Smart Watch App with Samsung
- Gold Mania with Truly Social Games
- VR Esports with AMPD Technologies
- Anatomy Education Application with The HIVE UBC
- Robot Overlord 2 with Marginally Clever Robots
- Tugboat Simulator with Vancouver Maritime Museum
- 3D Patient Authoring Tool with CyberPatient
- Multi-Player Communication-based Collaborative Problem Solving Game with UBC Department of Theatre & Film
- Virtual Production for a Digital Play with Realwheels Theatre Company
- Idle Mini Game + East Side Games
- Immersive VR Holocaust Memorial with Zeros2Heroes
- Mobile Augmented Reality Exhibits with KPMG Ignition
- Infinite River Studios & Hammer & Tong
- Read & Butter & Dusk Wave Arts
- Inventory Tracking System with ProShop ERP
- Narrative Driven VR Game with Hammer & Tong